Tuesday 12 February 2013

What type of characters can I expect to be working with?


AGAIN, BEFORE I BEGIN TO THINK OF STORYLINES, LIKE LOCATION AND SETTING, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CHARACTERS I HAVE TO WORK WITH.

For example; If I'm working with superhero's it would be unlikely to create a storyline where they'd be in a family setting.

After my research I have some key guidance on the type of characters that will feature in my opening title sequence.

My film's target market is that of families and my survey revealed that my audience would like characters they can relate to. This means the sort of characters I will expect to be working with include...
  • Mothers
  • Fathers
  • Daughters
  • Sons
  • Grandmothers
  • Grandfathers
  • Pets (specifically dogs- as they came top in my survey)
My primary target market is that of 8-15 year old girls and I have already decided that I will cast a girl within that age group. I may decide to feature 2 girls within the age group as the age gap is quite large. These characters will appear in my opening title sequence.

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered a focus group with girls of this age? You could film a discussion about your ideas and see how well they go down with your intended audience.

    ReplyDelete