Saturday 2 February 2013

Influences

In the opening title sequence of The Avengers I like the way the audience are introduced to the genre through a variety of close up/extreme close ups of costume/character. I could do this in my title sequence, so if it was about horses I could have a close up of a saddle or bridle for example.

The use of establishing shots in The Shining helps to set the scene. Because I am creating a scene about dogs or horses some filming is likely to be outdoors, so I will be using establishing shots.

I like how creative the titles are in Napoleon Dynamite. I will certainly look at more creative ways of presenting my titles in my opening sequence.


 The use of close ups on the characters shoes in the opening titles of Forrest Gump (1994) tell the audience they are significant to the storyline. I like the idea of using close ups to portray different characters/ props significance to the storyline in my opening title sequence.

 The use of sound effects in The Mighty Celt is effective as they portray the dogs emotion, with the canine actor unable to do such on command. With myself filming either dogs and horses (or both) recording their noises will be key to the production of my film.

 I like how in the opening titles of Black Beauty we have a shot not only showing a horse but a main character and the landscape. This is the type of shot I'd like to include in my opening title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment