Friday 1 February 2013

Influences- opening title sequence analysis (dog film)

What I liked about this opening title sequence...
Sound
- There was use of sound effects of whining dogs when they were supposed to be acting distressed. If I decide to use dogs in my film; recording dogs barking and whining will be something I must consider. This is because animal actors may not be able to do this on command.

Editing
-Good use of shot-reverse-shot and match on action. These basic editing techniques should be evident in my opening title sequence too.

Cinematography
- There were several different establishing shots which helped to set the scene. In almost every opening title sequence I have analysed these shots have appeared. They should be something I include in my  2-minute-clip
- The use of close ups on the dog and main character tell us that they will be significant in the film. I should consider this in my production.

Mise en scene
- The dogs are wearing muzzles. This could suggest they're dangerous or defenseless. When using props in my film I should look at their connotations and what they may suggest before including them. 

The Placing of Titles
- This film had several production companies involved. With my group only being 2 people, our titles themselves will be a lot shorter as we have less people to credit. We should consider producing a company logo and crediting actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment