Friday 1 February 2013

Influencing opening structure (horse film)


What I liked about the opening title sequence...
Sound
- The narration. It helped to introduce the storyline and characters. I will now consider the use of narration in my opening title sequence.

Cinematography
- The use of an establishing shot really helped to set the scene.
- The long shots of the horses grazing and galloping looked very good and are popular in horse films. This is something I must consider if I decide to use horses in my film.

Editing
- The blur effect used when the horses cantered past and the shot changed worked well as it helped the sequence run smoothly. It also made the horses seem magical. This is a common representation. When I change the scene of my opening title sequence I should certainly look at using such effects to make it run smoothly.

Mise en Scene
- When we are introduced to the girl she is wearing typical equestrian clothing. When producing my film I must make sure that the costume matches the film genre. This means if I had a character horse-riding they should be wearing a helmet, jodhpurs etc and not a dress (unless it has a fantasy aspect to the film).

The placing of the titles
- Being a low budget independent film the film's title appears early on in the opening title sequence and the actors names relatively late. With my film being similar- not only in genre but being an small-scale production I should consider the placement of these titles when placing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment