Tuesday 5 February 2013

Investigating my audience

Any film will have a 'perfect target audience'. These are the people the film is directed at. Many features  of the film will be specifically tailored to that audience and aim to appeal to them.

In order to create my opening title sequence I will need to investigate my audience and understand what they want from a film.

Being a film about horses my target audience will be those who like/own them. But that in itself does not give me enough information to be able to create something that would appeal to them.

I will need to conduct some research on my target audience. My findings will act as an influence to my storyline and characters I will eventually create.

Some ideas that will help me understand my target audience better include...

1) A questionnaire to my target audience about what they like from a film.

2) Speaking directly to my audience and ask them what they like about a good horse film.

3) Look at successful horse films and why they have been so successful. I can find this information from reviews.

4) Create a character profile of a stereotypical horse-film watcher.

5) Look at the best way to connect with the group.


No comments:

Post a Comment